Window treatments are something that many don't consider when they start to renovate or decorate their house. There are so many different options, it can be intimidating. Following through with a plan, window treatments can make a huge difference in pulling the room together. They can dress the window and block out the heat or cold.
Always choose conservatively. If it's less expensive, you can try something out of your comfort zone. Made to measure can be costly, so choose something that is very neutral. You can always some sort of drapes to cover the blinds. This is where you can choose something different in the cloth drapes.
Here are some other options:
- - Horizontal blinds - classic and can be used in different rooms, try to get good quality so as not to make the windows look cheap.
- - Valences - this can be used to hide the assembly of horizontal blinds on a wide window. Look and wait for sales to save a little bit of money.
- - Pinch/Pleat Draperies - these are very vintage.
- - Traverse Rod - spray the traverse rod to blend with your wall color.
- - Roller Shades - can be used on many windows.
- - Wood shades - vintage or new. Shop around for the best price.
Window treatments are a necessity for privacy in our lives. With so many options, be careful how much you spend if you are staging your house to prepare it to list. Talk to your real estate professional or to a professional stager. Get a few ideas and have some fun.
If you would like some advice, fill in the form below with your correct contact information and I will call you.